Losing the fight for belonging

I am feeling burnt out from trying to find other ND people and coming up with nothing.  I attended a local ND group but I felt invisible and they could care less I was there or not from my point of view.

I am discouraged from questioning the issues of adulthood and the challenges of neurodivergence everyone would rather tip-toe around like relationships, independence and jobs.

I even tried Bumble but it was dead, and everyone was the same and felt fake so I quit.  I'm reluctant to try any other apps.

If things were different I would have had top marks in school, more qualifications, a loving partner and a job that doesn't make me want to top myself.

But I don't.  Instead I languish in unemployment, self loathing and loneliness as the days go by and I struggle to find my place in the world.

Parents
  • By conventional standards my life has been a abject failure. Never had a paid job. Poor by modern standards educational qualifications. No friends.  I struggle to belong, or at least feel that I don't belong. Good alternative metrics  = Try and help others as much as I can. Not too shabby as a father,grandfather, and great grandfather  to my chosen family.  With more help and support I could've done better in life, but then very likely wouldn't have the chosen family that I love ocean deep and sky high.

• By conventional standards my life has been a abject failure. Never had a paid job. Poor by modern standards educational qualifications. No friends.  I struggle to belong, or at least feel that I don't belong. Good alternative metrics  = Try and help others as much as I can. Not too shabby as a father,grandfather, and great grandfather  to my chosen family.  With more help and support I could've done better in life, but then very likely wouldn't have the chosen family that I love ocean deep and sky high.

Children
No Data