Losing the fight for belonging

I am feeling burnt out from trying to find other ND people and coming up with nothing.  I attended a local ND group but I felt invisible and they could care less I was there or not from my point of view.

I am discouraged from questioning the issues of adulthood and the challenges of neurodivergence everyone would rather tip-toe around like relationships, independence and jobs.

I even tried Bumble but it was dead, and everyone was the same and felt fake so I quit.  I'm reluctant to try any other apps.

If things were different I would have had top marks in school, more qualifications, a loving partner and a job that doesn't make me want to top myself.

But I don't.  Instead I languish in unemployment, self loathing and loneliness as the days go by and I struggle to find my place in the world.

Parents
  • Hello, I am really sorry that you are struggling. It helps me to remember that the rules of the society and cultures we are living in were designed/shaped by the and for the majority in this case Neurotypical people. 

As our brain work differently trying to fit into a system that does not work for us will always be very difficult and exhausting. This helps me to remind myself that there is noting wrong with me, but I am living in a system stacked against me. 

I think belonging is very important and I am searching for it too but on your way to finding it just try and remember that your lack of belonging is because you are special and unique so it means it might take longer to find the right, job, partner, etc.

I hope this helps, I feel lonely too but feel that it is worth looking after yourself, being kind to yourself until you do find your place in the world.

• Hello, I am really sorry that you are struggling. It helps me to remember that the rules of the society and cultures we are living in were designed/shaped by the and for the majority in this case Neurotypical people. 

As our brain work differently trying to fit into a system that does not work for us will always be very difficult and exhausting. This helps me to remind myself that there is noting wrong with me, but I am living in a system stacked against me. 

I think belonging is very important and I am searching for it too but on your way to finding it just try and remember that your lack of belonging is because you are special and unique so it means it might take longer to find the right, job, partner, etc.

I hope this helps, I feel lonely too but feel that it is worth looking after yourself, being kind to yourself until you do find your place in the world.

Children
No Data