Losing the fight for belonging

I am feeling burnt out from trying to find other ND people and coming up with nothing.  I attended a local ND group but I felt invisible and they could care less I was there or not from my point of view.

I am discouraged from questioning the issues of adulthood and the challenges of neurodivergence everyone would rather tip-toe around like relationships, independence and jobs.

I even tried Bumble but it was dead, and everyone was the same and felt fake so I quit.  I'm reluctant to try any other apps.

If things were different I would have had top marks in school, more qualifications, a loving partner and a job that doesn't make me want to top myself.

But I don't.  Instead I languish in unemployment, self loathing and loneliness as the days go by and I struggle to find my place in the world.

Parents
  • Belonging is something we all need.  An unmasked autist is an honest autist.  And it's honesty that gets us in trouble.  You are supposed to come towards the views of others somewhat. But if  I don't agree with others I just say so. I can be my own worst enemy and that may be true of others Autists. I'm fairly certain that is is.

• Belonging is something we all need.  An unmasked autist is an honest autist.  And it's honesty that gets us in trouble.  You are supposed to come towards the views of others somewhat. But if  I don't agree with others I just say so. I can be my own worst enemy and that may be true of others Autists. I'm fairly certain that is is.

Children
No Data