Silence

Hi

in Mid may I had an assessment and this confirmed most things for me. It was a sort of release knowing why I was who I am.

However, of the people I have told. A couple have said they were not surprised One was supportive. From the rest just silence. This was thrown into sharp relief over the weekend after having some time with relatives Sat night my wife said I was high masking autistic. 

From that point on hardly a word was said. If this was just once I would have past it off. But it isn’t it almost like nobody wants to acknowledge it. It’s bad enough having conversations with people at the best of times but when they clam up. It just makes life more awkward for them. I’m happy not talking particularly as I feel the assessment was a positive step in understanding who, why and what I am and the same for what I do.

Out of curiosity has anyone else had this experience. 

Parents
  • Pretty similar responses to my diagnosis. (Mostly lack of responses). I think people don't really like to make a deal out of *anything* and this is no exception. I've not been treated any differently, so that's good. I think my compromise is that I still mask but escape when I want to, but people are less likely to judge me badly for it.

• Pretty similar responses to my diagnosis. (Mostly lack of responses). I think people don't really like to make a deal out of *anything* and this is no exception. I've not been treated any differently, so that's good. I think my compromise is that I still mask but escape when I want to, but people are less likely to judge me badly for it.

Children
No Data