Old Life

So for 4+ years I've been making the transition to accepting my dianosis. I've changed my lifestyle a lot so I'm no longer sick from stress, I work remotely which has been a massive reason for my rRoflewed health which had seen me have Roflcrohns disease for over a decade.

But now I'm in a position where I am able to admit my limitations from ASC actually do stop me from doing the work I used to do. I can't travel in public transport, I have to drive, and I can't adhere to a full-time role, I work freelance so I can take days off as and when I need them. It works.

But my work has dried up and I now need to get back out there to ensure I don't starve or become homeless.

How do I continue on when my old life no longer fits my new self? I feel trapped in no man's land. Does anyone else share this issue? What did you do to resolve it?

Parents
  • Aside from autism, as I get older, in the post-Covid era, I realise that the world around us is changing and not for the better - as I approach old age, even as an older gay man with no children myself, I worry for future generations such as the children and grandchildren of my extended family and starting with the actual babies of today - back in my childhood in the 1970’s and my teens in the 1980’s on reflection, we had a much better quality of life in comparison to the children of today, even though our lives were more difficult in some respects, the lives of children today are even more difficult in many more respects despite the cosmetic comforts that they might have - this to me is far more important than my own life as I get older and of how future generations are going to cope with much more difficult issues going forward - I can’t help feeling that if only our parents generation had only listened to our grandparents warnings and put them into practice that we would not be in our current situation and our parents would not have, in their rebellion against our grandparents, fallen under the influence of those with agendas all their own that has had a detrimental effect on our society and our world in general, in the last couple of decades 

• Aside from autism, as I get older, in the post-Covid era, I realise that the world around us is changing and not for the better - as I approach old age, even as an older gay man with no children myself, I worry for future generations such as the children and grandchildren of my extended family and starting with the actual babies of today - back in my childhood in the 1970’s and my teens in the 1980’s on reflection, we had a much better quality of life in comparison to the children of today, even though our lives were more difficult in some respects, the lives of children today are even more difficult in many more respects despite the cosmetic comforts that they might have - this to me is far more important than my own life as I get older and of how future generations are going to cope with much more difficult issues going forward - I can’t help feeling that if only our parents generation had only listened to our grandparents warnings and put them into practice that we would not be in our current situation and our parents would not have, in their rebellion against our grandparents, fallen under the influence of those with agendas all their own that has had a detrimental effect on our society and our world in general, in the last couple of decades 

Children
No Data