On Site Censorship

Does anyone else get caught out by writing names or common expressions and then find that they've been automaitically censored? I've had this happen a couple of times and I find it really annoying that I can't use a name or phrase without it being censored, it seems like there's no context to the censorship, just a blanket ban, are we not grown ups who can sort this stuff out for ourselves? I think this site is to nannying at times and yet seems to allow other things to slip through unnoticed.

Parents
  • I just got a blocked word on the wildlife thread, I was listing birds I have in my garden and mentioned a small blue one that has a similar name to mamary organs. This gone beyond ridiculous now and into the down right patronising and stupid, it's stopping our ability to discuss legitimate and harmless subjects such as garden birds, this is real censorship, not something that someone who goes round with a face like a cats backside, looking for things to be offended about could object too.

• Yes......but it is so very easy to overcome the "patronising and stupid" "real censorship"......that I don't think we need to try and reinvent the wheel to overcome it.  Blue t i t s. 

• It is Number, but I forget when I'm mid type, we may not need to reinvent the wheel to overcoome this, but we do need to reintroduce some sanity to these things. What next will an algorhythum somewhere notice that ornithologists are refering to mammary organs instead of t-i-t-s and ban that as well? Will we be left with any words we can use or will all our questions and replies have to be moderated through computer generated responses?

I sperg, I think we should have  the British Tub Thumpers Union, for all of us who become outraged by absurdities!

• You say "infested", I prefer "enhanced".

• ABSOLUTELY - I can completely identify with that !!!

• I'm the one who would be shouting that we're about to crash, whilst everyone ignores me and either pretends I don't exist or get cross at me, there are times when I feel like the Trojan Princes and prophtess Cassandra, always seeing the future but no one believes me until it's to late then they all blame me for not telling them or doing something about it.

• I hear you and I do understand.  For me, it is the reverse case.....I can't become too bothered by the arrangement of the deck chairs, when I know the ship is travelling way too fast in iceberg infested waters.

• Number, some things I can let go of and gloss over, but others I find instantly infuriating. Larger idiocies I find easier to deal with than the lesser every day ones. Maybe because the larger ones are right in view on the horrizon if not sailing up to us like the iceburg at the Titanic. These smaller ones give me sore toes and knees, from constantly tripping over them as they bob along just under the surface.

• Number, some things I can let go of and gloss over, but others I find instantly infuriating. Larger idiocies I find easier to deal with than the lesser every day ones. Maybe because the larger ones are right in view on the horrizon if not sailing up to us like the iceburg at the Titanic. These smaller ones give me sore toes and knees, from constantly tripping over them as they bob along just under the surface.

Children