What the main parties are saying about disability - BBC article

On the eve of the election, I thought this article might be of interest:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c9e9r5lm311o

Parents
  • As I opted for the postal vote, I have already cast my vote.

It has to be said that this General Election has been causing me to feel a sense of deep foreboding and anxiety. More so than any of the previous general elections I am able to remember participating in.

I have been choosing to actively avoid watching or reading anything to do with it, partly because I feel that UK politics has become rather Americanised. 

If past experience is anything to go by, I know that I will probably end up despising whichever party that ends up winning the GE. It seems to me that the main contenders will say what they think the electorate want to hear in order to get the votes. When they aren't doing that, their focus seems to be on slinging mud at the opposition, and telling the electorate why voting for the opposition would be a bad decision.

In terms of disability and disability rights, I think we are sadly doomed either way. 

• As I opted for the postal vote, I have already cast my vote.

It has to be said that this General Election has been causing me to feel a sense of deep foreboding and anxiety. More so than any of the previous general elections I am able to remember participating in.

I have been choosing to actively avoid watching or reading anything to do with it, partly because I feel that UK politics has become rather Americanised. 

If past experience is anything to go by, I know that I will probably end up despising whichever party that ends up winning the GE. It seems to me that the main contenders will say what they think the electorate want to hear in order to get the votes. When they aren't doing that, their focus seems to be on slinging mud at the opposition, and telling the electorate why voting for the opposition would be a bad decision.

In terms of disability and disability rights, I think we are sadly doomed either way. 

Children
No Data