Autistic empathy

I thought I’d edit this to remove any offence I may have caused I just wondered what everyone thought of hidden emotional problems to do with autism. The reason I singled out empathy was to explore the realm of autism that is more emotional. I have a lot of help to give to autistic people. For example I will make a post tomorrow about some research I have been doing. I don’t know what it means but it’s interesting. Remember everyone that I am on your side. I care about autistic people more than you can know. It breaks me to see autistic people suffer with what I see as a disease and I have some things to get off my chest. Your all great and very supportive!

Parents Reply Children
  • I have the same thing, I've always had people telling me their problems for as long as I can remember, I think it was in part what led me to become a counsellor.

Of course it's easier to tell an outsider things because they're on the outside and have no one to tell, if they do they get blamed and driven out still further.

• people always seem to want to tell me all their problems

I get this too.

I think it is because we don't interrupt them when talking (we often don't read the cues as to when it our turn) and this gives them the chance to vent, believing we are listening intently whereas we are often just trying to work out when to say our bit from 5 minutes ago.