Is anyone here vegan?

I've found through experience eating meat makes me feel depressed or angry or sometimes both. Fish and seafood are a bit of an exception, they don't have such a negative impact on me.

With a vegan diet you need to supplement with Vitamin B12 and Omega 3 and that's where I went wrong in the past when I tried it. I became weak and malnourished as many vegans do who don't supplement.

• Sounds like you have similar issues with meat to me then. I recommend getting another source of Omega 3 because hemp oil is lacking in two of the most important things your body needs from a specific kind of Omega 3 that's only found in algae in the sea. That's DHA and EPA which you can get by taking a supplement made from algae.

• I wonder if some of the negative stuff about eating meat and it's effects on the body, are due to adreniline? Stressed animals knowing they're about to be killed will produce loads of the stuff and I wonder how much it contaminates the meat?

I won't eat GM foods, especially mixed species GM, the day a fish and a tomato can have a shag and produce offspring then I'll eat the offspring, but until that day, no way.

• I've found through experience eating meat makes me feel depressed or angry or sometimes both.

The amount of stuff pumped into meat in the UK is pretty aweful, certainly for supermarket food.

If you are interested in seeing if it is down to the additives then try some of the farm shops and ask what the meat has been treated with in its life - most will have had antibiotics and vaccines along the way to keep it healthy, but it is still a lot better than the supermarket prep (I worked in Sainsburys back in the 80s and back then they were pumping saline into a lot of the meats to increase the weight and make it look juicy, so god knows what they add now.

Seafood is not a lot better as there are so many micoplastics and heavy metals in the food chain now that most are not really that good for you.

Unless you grow your own fruit and veg you need to be thorough with the cleaning due to pesticides and there will always be some already absorbed by the plant so it really helps to know the chain from field to shop for this stuff. GM food is also becoming an issue as I see so many huge manufacturers of soy and corn here in Brazil are using Monsanto GM seeds because of the increased yields and pest resiliance.

I stopped worrying about all the risks as it is too anxiety inducing and focus on what tastes best.

• I'm mostly vegan I do eat a little parmessan and the occaisional egg, I use hemp oil for omega's and have to have vit B12 supplements as I have borderline perniscious anemia. I've not eaten meat for a good 20 years, it really dosen't agree with me and fish is just horrid. I think it's easier to be vegetarian and vegan now than it was years ago, although I don't eat much in the way of pre-packed food and cook from scratch.