Why is grey hair on a man OK?

Men always seem to be praised and told they're sexy, a silver fox, when they go grey, but women are under pressure to colour their hair.

I've decided, I'm a silver vixen, I'm good at bin diving and I shriek in the night!

Parents
  • I think there's two sides to it to be honest. I'm almost 50 and I'm really starting to feel bad about my age and how old I look compared to how I used to.

If I dye my hair and beard to hide the grey I'd be ridiculed, most men won't openly admit to dying their hair but yet women all talk about their next trip to the hairdresser's and which colour they'll have and how wonderful it looks. 

My hair like all men's has receded, if I had a transplant I'd be the talk of the town. While it's ok for women to wear wigs and have extensions without anyone laughing.

Mens skin ages too, but if we used makeup we'd be laughed out of the building, while women discuss the hundreds of pounds they spend on the best new makeup, concealers, wonder creams to hide ageing and injections to make them look like Marge Simpson got stung by a bee.

Men suffer ageing in silence mostly, while women the same age are allowed to enjoy hiding it, men are laughed at when they do. We can end up looking much older than our partners and have to hide the anxiety it causes, because, don't forget, men shouldn't cry or show emotions.....

• I think there's two sides to it to be honest. I'm almost 50 and I'm really starting to feel bad about my age and how old I look compared to how I used to.

If I dye my hair and beard to hide the grey I'd be ridiculed, most men won't openly admit to dying their hair but yet women all talk about their next trip to the hairdresser's and which colour they'll have and how wonderful it looks. 

My hair like all men's has receded, if I had a transplant I'd be the talk of the town. While it's ok for women to wear wigs and have extensions without anyone laughing.

Mens skin ages too, but if we used makeup we'd be laughed out of the building, while women discuss the hundreds of pounds they spend on the best new makeup, concealers, wonder creams to hide ageing and injections to make them look like Marge Simpson got stung by a bee.

Men suffer ageing in silence mostly, while women the same age are allowed to enjoy hiding it, men are laughed at when they do. We can end up looking much older than our partners and have to hide the anxiety it causes, because, don't forget, men shouldn't cry or show emotions.....

Children
No Data