Electricity company and pressure to get a smart meter

Does anybody else get stressed about their energy company keep pressuring them to get a Smart Meter? I’m getting so sick of it and this time I think they’re trying to scare me into getting one and I’m so stressed about it. Does anyone on here have an answer to this problem? I’m thinking of switching to Octopus energy, but will they just do the same and pressure me to get one as well?

Any advice would be appreciated regarding this.

Parents
  • I'm with Octopus and love them.  Their website and app is fun and easy to use and understand.

They did send me stuff about the smart meter first of all, and it is worth noting that the analogue meters you have will have a 'shelf life'.  Mine was twenty years, and both are due for renewal, which will mean having to get smart meters, since they don't repair the analogue meters anymore.  No parts.  So, it will mean changing over eventually, though you can have the 'smart' bit of it turned off.  I explained I have some issues with people coming into the house, and asked them not to hassle me about it, and even though the meters have reached the end of the shelf life this year, they haven't sent me anymore emails about it for a year.  

• I'm with Octopus and love them.  Their website and app is fun and easy to use and understand.

They did send me stuff about the smart meter first of all, and it is worth noting that the analogue meters you have will have a 'shelf life'.  Mine was twenty years, and both are due for renewal, which will mean having to get smart meters, since they don't repair the analogue meters anymore.  No parts.  So, it will mean changing over eventually, though you can have the 'smart' bit of it turned off.  I explained I have some issues with people coming into the house, and asked them not to hassle me about it, and even though the meters have reached the end of the shelf life this year, they haven't sent me anymore emails about it for a year.  

Children