Acceptance or giving up?

As most of you know I'm a total technoklutz and I can crash pretty much anything that has a microchip and often in a totally bizarre way.

I'm havig a debate with myself and with a couple of others too, about whether I'm accepting that I'm a klutz and can't do it and so letting go of putting myself under pressure about it, or am I giving up and tellig myself I can't do it, despite all the evidence to the contrary?

Parents
  • I don't think you should give up, nor do I think you should assume it's something you can't do.

Totally understand that it stresses you out, probably makes you feel you might put yourself at risk and all sorts of other feelings , that when added up , make it distressing to approach. These are good things though, imagine just jumping in without a care and getting scammed or mucking stuff up, caution is a useful skill in itself.

I reckon you should try and break it down a bit. Work out and write a list of the things you want to do or know how to do with tech, maybe it's forums, banking, general stuff like the copy and paste thing, then approach them one at a time.

There's lots of YouTube videos and tutorials online that explains things right from basics upwards. You can watch or read these at your own pace, how ever many times you need to. This might be better than having someone show you in person, I think you said you'd done an instructor lead type course that didn't go well?

Lots of techies on here too and those who have been taught well in IT are taught that "there's no such thing as a stupid question" , it's said in every design and analysis course I've ever been on. If we don't ask questions we never learn...

Everyone's got a nemesis, I reckon you can beat this one. 

• I don't think you should give up, nor do I think you should assume it's something you can't do.

Totally understand that it stresses you out, probably makes you feel you might put yourself at risk and all sorts of other feelings , that when added up , make it distressing to approach. These are good things though, imagine just jumping in without a care and getting scammed or mucking stuff up, caution is a useful skill in itself.

I reckon you should try and break it down a bit. Work out and write a list of the things you want to do or know how to do with tech, maybe it's forums, banking, general stuff like the copy and paste thing, then approach them one at a time.

There's lots of YouTube videos and tutorials online that explains things right from basics upwards. You can watch or read these at your own pace, how ever many times you need to. This might be better than having someone show you in person, I think you said you'd done an instructor lead type course that didn't go well?

Lots of techies on here too and those who have been taught well in IT are taught that "there's no such thing as a stupid question" , it's said in every design and analysis course I've ever been on. If we don't ask questions we never learn...

Everyone's got a nemesis, I reckon you can beat this one. 

Children
No Data