Mood Swings.

Anyone know any tips to help with general mood swings? One day im fine and the next day.....boom! I'm an empty shell and have no idea why. Cant even describe the feeling apart from feeling 'flat' or 'empty'. 

Parents
  • Emotional regulation is a common issue for autists and there are a few good books on this that help as it is quite a complex subject. I would recommend:

Disorders of Affect Regulation, Alexithymia in Medical and Psychiatric Illness - Graeme J. Taylor, R. Michael Bagby, James D. A. Parker (1999)
    ISBN 0521778506

I would borrow the following from the library of get from Archive.org:

Self-Regulation and Mindfulness - Over 82 Exercises & Worksheets for Sensory Processing Disorder, ADHD, & Autism Spectrum Disorder - Varleisha D. Gibbs (2017)
    ISBN 9781683730620

and if you want to read more of a therapists book on the subject:

Emotional Processing Deficits and Happiness, Assessing the Measurement, Correlates, and Well-Being of People with Alexithymia - Linden R. Timoney, Mark D. Holder
    ISBN 9789400771765

An therapist with experience in the field is probably the best tool to have - they can tailor any discussions and training plus motivate you when you lose the will to continue.

• Thanks, thats really helpful i will check them out.

Reply Children
No Data