This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Rubbish response

I've recently been diagnosed as autistic and it's been an up and down experience since I found out for sure even though I was certain myself before it was official. I'm a man with kids of my own but I thought I'd share the news with my parents to let them know why I've struggled in life but all I got was ' oh right at least you know, how are the kids?.' These people have been less then supportive throughout my whole life and that's putting it mildly. Should I just cut them off now because I was never happier then when I didn't speak to them for years.

Parents
  • It must be great to have so many people in your life that you feel you can just cut some of them off.

• Hi Amerantin

You have posted some very helpful information and knowledge on other threads, so I was surprised (curious surprised, not judgey "surprised") to see your response to this question. 

We are all in different situations regarding whether we have family and friends in our life, and if so, whether we can relate to or rely on them. Sometimes being alone is better than staying in a bad, maybe abusive, relationship /friendship. Some of us have been rejected by others, some of us have had to walk away to preserve our sanity.

It seems that this post triggered something in you - I don't know what your situation is, but it sounds lonely and I can empathise with that. I hope I don't sound condescending, I genuinely want everyone on here to be able to improve their lives and I hope this forum has helped you in some way, and that we can all gain from sharing our experiences and support each other.

• There is no support here for the *majority* of autistic people who, like me, are alone. Just endless knife in the gut posts.

And believe me when I say I am most assuredly “judging” someone who would post this and those who would wish someone like that well. His post was unforgivable.

• There is no support here for the *majority* of autistic people who, like me, are alone. Just endless knife in the gut posts.

And believe me when I say I am most assuredly “judging” someone who would post this and those who would wish someone like that well. His post was unforgivable.

Children
  • I would like to apologise for last nights exchange of comments I was hurting and reacted in a way unlike me but you also seemed to target me. If you don't accept my apology then that's fine but it's there anyway and I hope you find happiness genuinely.

• I have tried very hard to ignore the endless posts on here that cause me pain and I have tried very hard to be a positive and helpful member of this forum.

But last night some random turned up and posted a string of foul mouthed abuse at me, including an absolutely unforgivably cruel jibe, and what was the result? Everyone rallied around them and wished them well.

Even in your last post you chose to call me out without a word of criticism for what that scumbag said to me.

So it is now very clear indeed to me how I am thought of on this forum,

• Yes, I know what was written, but I was trying to look past the actual words and in my mind I saw two people who are both hurting, and projecting that hurt - which has been caused by other people - at each other. I was genuinely hoping I could make you feel better. I'm sorry if I didn't.