Shared work load

Why does it seem that women do the majority of the work in relationships? It seems that we do the childcare, the housework, the emotional work of keeping everyone happy-ish, be the appointments and social secretary's, the shoppers and cooks and have full time jobs? It's not just me that thinks this, many studies show the same thing. I've met so many women who feel that they don't have a partner, but an extra child, this often lead to the breakdown of the relationship.

Its starting to make me think that all hetrosexual relationships are inherently abusive, I can't speak for same sex ones as I've never had one.

I know I'm going to get flak for this post, but I'm going for it anyway. I'd love to hear from people who have successfull relationships and what they're secrets are, not that I want another relationship, I'm just curious.

Parents
  • My husband has always done his share of the chores. I know I'm lucky in that, as many women I've known do much more than their male partners.

Not sure if it's because my partner is ND? Or maybe he's just very rare?

• I've noticed a lot more of men my sons age, (42) do far more than men my age, maybe its because they've grown up with working mums?

• My partner is in his sixties, but has a strong sense of fairness.

I think men of our age group had wives that usually gave up work when they had a family, so they worked while the wife looked after the home, and for some people it's difficult to change their expectations when they are older.

• My partner is in his sixties, but has a strong sense of fairness.

I think men of our age group had wives that usually gave up work when they had a family, so they worked while the wife looked after the home, and for some people it's difficult to change their expectations when they are older.

Children
No Data