Do you ever miss real shops?

I do, I miss being able to go to a physical shop and look and try stuff on, some times I want a good old mindless wander around shops, a bit of retail therapy. The internets just not hte same, you don't get to feel or see the size or quality of what you're buying and so much of it is rubbish and not as described.

• I have always hated shops. I can never find anything and feel very self conscious. Clothes shops are the worst. I always expect someone to stop me and say “this shop isn’t for people like you”

• I don't like shops per se but there are times when I get rather frustrated re clothing as I do prefer to try on.

However, there are plenty of shops I can travel to nearby, so I do have a choice.

I'm assuming from what you have written that you have few shops nearby?

A lot have been lost from my town centre - I'd say around 70% have gone since I  moved here 17 years ago.

In fact, one of the national papers featured my town as one becoming a bit of a ghost town, shopping wise.

There are plenty of hairdressers, barbers, beauty salons, tattoo parlours and charity shops though.

Thinking

• schmutter

I just learnt a new (Yiddish) word Blush

• I only miss seeing and feeling the schmutter not the actual shops, I wouldn’t try clothing on in a shop. I ordered denim jeans recently and they were a good fit and quality. I then ordered another 6 identical pairs. I do the same with most clothing and shoes. My wife has ordered clothes from some of the Chinese sites and it can be a bit hit and miss.