Adjustments at work meeting wish me luck!

You may have noticed that I stick my oar into work related discussions. Well over a year since diagnosis confirmed and 16 months after disclosure, dropping to half pay because of work related stress, having to start work in a temporary placement just to get paid, I have a meeting to discuss my reasonable adjustments with my manager. Based on the past 2 meetings I do not hold out much hope for a positive outcome.

I am beginning to get that overwhelming feeling in my gut and starting to stress. I would dearly love to take them to a tribunal and hope that they discriminate against me. I should want to go back to my job in a field I have worked in all my life, which I used to enjoy, but I don't think I can face the toxic (to me) culture so going back for me is a no. However, my strong feelings towards injustice make me want to make it difficult for them. This is mentally tearing me apart as I have a real fear of the unknown so I try to persuade myself that it wont be so bad doing my old job again especially if I get my adjustments. I'm not asking for the earth! I have access to work funding in excess of 10K but cant get my hands on anything of the equipment so far.

I don't want to feel this way and am probably still in burnout and struggling to get out of it. So forgive my rant but I had to vent it somehow.

Parents
  • Hope everything goes ok, good luck!

I always find work is my biggest challenge in life and when my autistic battery is low I find it a thousand times worse.

like you say it's more the injustice and politics that I find extremely toxic, if it were just the actual work and none of the other rubbish it'd be ok! 

• Hope everything goes ok, good luck!

I always find work is my biggest challenge in life and when my autistic battery is low I find it a thousand times worse.

like you say it's more the injustice and politics that I find extremely toxic, if it were just the actual work and none of the other rubbish it'd be ok! 

Children
No Data