Autistic-friendly careers advice

Does anyone know if this is something anyone does? 

I feel like I just need to speak to someone because my head's all over the place regarding what I want to do. I know I don't need to have it all worked out now, but it'd be nice to have some direction.

I've spent many many years trying to work it out on my own, and I think I realised that it's not really working anymore.

Parents
  • How old are you and how much training are you interested in persuing?

• I'm 26. I guess I'm at that age where any training would probably have to be minimal as I feel I need to earn. 

• Some questions:

1 - What is your relationship with computers? With the arts and humanities?

2 - What are you doing when you realize you are not thinking of something else while your doing it?

3 - do you drive? How mobility independent are you?

4 - where would you spend the most of your time if you could teleport there and back?

Off the cuff guess but - perhaps you would do well in research and library sciences but for that a bit of procedural training would suit. That can be had on the job. - just a guess.

knowing the answers to the above questions will help you figure out what floats your boat. Some of us are not able to hold a job but can manage small cottage industries.

• That is exactly what expository journalists do, get out and about. Look the term up, research this word about researchers. You could also go into forensic sciences. CSI stuff.

• Keep submitting. Keep submitting and you will succeed. Find a small publication and get in there - or report on local event for a local news paper.

Having been published shows you can do it and where is almost secondary - well not in a paper that thinks bat boy is on the loose again - . The more practice you have the better. Everyone gets rejected over and over and then things crack open and your in!

I summited and got rejected with my poetry ( a very hard field to crack into) for 6 months and taking to heart the suggestions of the editors, before I saw my work in print. Then, the more you publish the easier it is to publish as you've established a relationship with the publishing world.

Online publishing is also an option or you can joint the scaffolding of the tower of babel and start a blog or pod cast of your own and gain a following that way.

Self publishing is another avenue but self published works often come of as vanity projects.

There is copious material online about publishing.

Good hunting!

• Keep submitting. Keep submitting and you will succeed. Find a small publication and get in there - or report on local event for a local news paper.

Having been published shows you can do it and where is almost secondary - well not in a paper that thinks bat boy is on the loose again - . The more practice you have the better. Everyone gets rejected over and over and then things crack open and your in!

I summited and got rejected with my poetry ( a very hard field to crack into) for 6 months and taking to heart the suggestions of the editors, before I saw my work in print. Then, the more you publish the easier it is to publish as you've established a relationship with the publishing world.

Online publishing is also an option or you can joint the scaffolding of the tower of babel and start a blog or pod cast of your own and gain a following that way.

Self publishing is another avenue but self published works often come of as vanity projects.

There is copious material online about publishing.

Good hunting!

Children
No Data