End of Relationship due to autism, What now?

Well after 13 years she has finally had enough of me and ended our relationship. Not really surprised I had seen it coming, but now I need to deal with that and find somewhere else to live and it's all a bit much. What family I have are being very distant. Just kinda don't really don't know what to do now.

Parents
  • Is the relationship break up all your fault?

Is it autism's fault?

I ask these questions because you don't say why the relationship ended other than autism, I understand that you may not wish to share more and thats OK, but it bugs me when people have ended relationships with me because "I'm weird" or dont' do "normal stuff", or think and act like "normal" people. Whats really galling is that in the begining it was these things that attracted the other person to me. I don't accept autism as an excuse for a relationship ending, its seems like a way for the other person to absolve themselves of all responsibility for how the relationship worked, whilst trying not to sound judgemental, its not you, its your autism. What a load of tosh, you and autism are inseperable its part of who you are and presumabley part of why she was attracted to you in the first place. People do change over time and can grow apart in all sorts of ways, but I think blaming autism is lazy and a sign that the other person takes no responsibilty themselves, it takes two to make a relationship, two people relating.

I do understand the feelings of what now? Is there anything tht you've wanted to do but haven't felt able to  because of this other person in your life?

• Is the relationship break up all your fault?

Is it autism's fault?

I ask these questions because you don't say why the relationship ended other than autism, I understand that you may not wish to share more and thats OK, but it bugs me when people have ended relationships with me because "I'm weird" or dont' do "normal stuff", or think and act like "normal" people. Whats really galling is that in the begining it was these things that attracted the other person to me. I don't accept autism as an excuse for a relationship ending, its seems like a way for the other person to absolve themselves of all responsibility for how the relationship worked, whilst trying not to sound judgemental, its not you, its your autism. What a load of tosh, you and autism are inseperable its part of who you are and presumabley part of why she was attracted to you in the first place. People do change over time and can grow apart in all sorts of ways, but I think blaming autism is lazy and a sign that the other person takes no responsibilty themselves, it takes two to make a relationship, two people relating.

I do understand the feelings of what now? Is there anything tht you've wanted to do but haven't felt able to  because of this other person in your life?

Children
No Data