How do I know if I’m masking?

I’m a woman in my 30s and haven’t yet been diagnosed, and only recently familiar with masking and what it is. The problem is, I feel I have been masking my entire life and now don’t know what I am masking and what is the real me. Any tips on how to work out what I am masking and what is the real me?

I score just over the threshold on the RAADS-R test and the AQ50. However score very high on a masking/camouflaging test. It also makes me wonder, am I actually autistic or am I looking for answers that aren’t there?

Parents
  • i think everyone masks, even neurotypicals... every single person in the world has many layers and puts on a different face for different people.

more common in men and obvious spot based on the societal idea men are not allowed to have feelings and have to be a stone wall dead robot and never show feelings. every single man is pretty much like that and has that mask... plus then theres your own different face for people based on how comfortable you are with them... i actually think masking is a normal human thing everyone does and not really a autistic thing

• i think everyone masks, even neurotypicals... every single person in the world has many layers and puts on a different face for different people.

more common in men and obvious spot based on the societal idea men are not allowed to have feelings and have to be a stone wall dead robot and never show feelings. every single man is pretty much like that and has that mask... plus then theres your own different face for people based on how comfortable you are with them... i actually think masking is a normal human thing everyone does and not really a autistic thing

Children
No Data