Mode of transport: car, bike, legs, magic carpet, teleporter?

How do you get about and are you happy with your mode of transport?

I used my legs, pushbike, moped, buses and trains until 17 years ago when I got my 1st car.

Now my car has died and I don't anticipate being able to drive again, for various reasons.

I'm wanting to make the best of this - far less expense and what I find the unpleasant experience of driving and grappling with other aggressive drivers.

I might get fitter.

I do have a couple of people who would be willing to give me lifts when necessary.

Any upsides anyone can see to me being car free, but also, what about you?

ps.  I no longer work, so that's a huge advantage when not having your own transport.

Parents
  • i have a motorbike for commuting... if i didnt need to work i wouldnt bother with any vehicle at all.

picked motorbike as they are cheaper cost and cheaper insurance, my insurance is £200 per year. a cr would be like £3000 per year.... my motorbike only cost me like £2000 brand new from the factory 0 miles... a car would cost like as much as a house for that... and with the switch to pathetic electric all cars bottom price will be 30k now, thats nearly more expensive than my home lol so yeah i stick with motorbikes, i dread the switching to electric as i think its just forcing a higher cost of living on us and making it so we normal people arnt allowed transport and cant exist. the green climate stuff is a rich bourgeoise scam to trod all over the poor masses and ensure we have no mobility.

• although it is tough on motorbike... you have to go through all weathers, wet, wind, snow, freezing cold. your waterproofs are never waterproof and you get soaked to the bone and get freezing cold, if your gloves decide to no longer work your hands become painfully cold riding in winter. i was wearing summer gloves for first 2 winters of work that has holes in that let all air waft through when riding... it was so painfully cold wearing them in winter.

• although it is tough on motorbike... you have to go through all weathers, wet, wind, snow, freezing cold. your waterproofs are never waterproof and you get soaked to the bone and get freezing cold, if your gloves decide to no longer work your hands become painfully cold riding in winter. i was wearing summer gloves for first 2 winters of work that has holes in that let all air waft through when riding... it was so painfully cold wearing them in winter.

Children
No Data