Mode of transport: car, bike, legs, magic carpet, teleporter?

How do you get about and are you happy with your mode of transport?

I used my legs, pushbike, moped, buses and trains until 17 years ago when I got my 1st car.

Now my car has died and I don't anticipate being able to drive again, for various reasons.

I'm wanting to make the best of this - far less expense and what I find the unpleasant experience of driving and grappling with other aggressive drivers.

I might get fitter.

I do have a couple of people who would be willing to give me lifts when necessary.

Any upsides anyone can see to me being car free, but also, what about you?

ps.  I no longer work, so that's a huge advantage when not having your own transport.

Parents
  • These days at my age, I’d love the idea of a luxury cruise, a ship within a ship that is separated from the other passengers, chauffeur driven limousine, private jet (pass the champagne and caviar lol) and first class train travel in some of those high speed trains - I’ve seen some of those first class Japanese trains and they are even more luxurious than those used by the Japanese Royal Family - I also like the Italian high speed trains, especially in first class and business class and the newer German ICE high speed trains 

• These days at my age, I’d love the idea of a luxury cruise, a ship within a ship that is separated from the other passengers, chauffeur driven limousine, private jet (pass the champagne and caviar lol) and first class train travel in some of those high speed trains - I’ve seen some of those first class Japanese trains and they are even more luxurious than those used by the Japanese Royal Family - I also like the Italian high speed trains, especially in first class and business class and the newer German ICE high speed trains 

Children
No Data