Mode of transport: car, bike, legs, magic carpet, teleporter?

How do you get about and are you happy with your mode of transport?

I used my legs, pushbike, moped, buses and trains until 17 years ago when I got my 1st car.

Now my car has died and I don't anticipate being able to drive again, for various reasons.

I'm wanting to make the best of this - far less expense and what I find the unpleasant experience of driving and grappling with other aggressive drivers.

I might get fitter.

I do have a couple of people who would be willing to give me lifts when necessary.

Any upsides anyone can see to me being car free, but also, what about you?

ps.  I no longer work, so that's a huge advantage when not having your own transport.

Parents
  • I'm so sorry you find yourself in this situation Debbie and I hope you'll find new outlets that can replace going out for a drive. 

I find driving a great release when life and especially my mental health are getting a bit much. I get in the car, drive, and listen to soothing music and everything starts to feel better again. And it's handy for getting about to places I need to go. They've stopped all the buses here so without my car I really don't know how I would get about. I don't have any friends or family to turn to.

If you do decide to do some gardening I hope the weather stays good where you are Slight smile

• I'm so sorry you find yourself in this situation Debbie and I hope you'll find new outlets that can replace going out for a drive. 

I find driving a great release when life and especially my mental health are getting a bit much. I get in the car, drive, and listen to soothing music and everything starts to feel better again. And it's handy for getting about to places I need to go. They've stopped all the buses here so without my car I really don't know how I would get about. I don't have any friends or family to turn to.

If you do decide to do some gardening I hope the weather stays good where you are Slight smile

Children
No Data