Late diagnosis

Hi,

Do you you are one small disaster away from the illusion of normality coming crashing down.

I was diagnosed at the age of 50 after decades of being "a square peg". Initially it was a relief as it explained so much of what I was or wasn't feeling. Now I'm presented with the question of " who the f@#k am I" as my true persona maybe isn't what I show to the world or myself.

I'm married, have kids and dogs, I work full time and feel I'm living in an artificial reality as it seems to be all an act.

Maybe it's because I'm really not sleeping well and the fatigue is catching up.

I was given trazodon to help my sleep but it seemed to increased my anxiety and ruin my already poor sleep pattern.

Now I'm being prescribed a low dose antipsychotic as well as a SSRI to see if this helps.

I find this is mildly terrifying.

Parents
  • Add another to the collection 

Hi 

I am 49 and soon to be 50, I’m undiagnosed as of yet but seeking that in the future. Totally relate to your experiences. I frequently ask myself how the hell did I get this far without realising and who am I? 
    This is all work in progress and being around this forum has given me a lot of realisations and explanations.

I love this place and feel like I fit in here. 
    I too am married and have 2 children and work for myself. 
    Sorry to hear you are struggling with sleep, I sometimes have my moments but can’t complain too much. 
    Have you tried meditation at all? This is part of my daily routine now and can’t manage without it. I must admit I was sceptical at first but am now a true believer.

I hope you can get your sleep back on track.

Good luck

• Hi, thanks. I do try to meditate and do breathing exercises. I find it very difficult to quiet my mind. I've gotten in the "zone" a couple of times but it's a rarity.

• Hi Herge

I found that the more I do it the more I’m able to get in that zone. Also having both earphones in aided that as well as I could connect to their voice better. 

Just a thought

• Hi Herge

I found that the more I do it the more I’m able to get in that zone. Also having both earphones in aided that as well as I could connect to their voice better. 

Just a thought

Children
No Data