Autism not psychosis! Forced psychotic medication

Hi I'm an 18yo asd female without symptoms of psychosis and I have a women who wants to give me sedatives for one year. Someone please help. She's refusing for me to see someone to help with autism..shes just saying I have psychosis when my.mum whom I've been living with. My aunt's all know I show no symptoms. 

• I would try Citizens Advice about this if I was you: 

www.citizensadvice.org.uk/

When my sister was suffering with psychosis they were always willing to offer the best advice and were able to help us get her autistic support.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

• When looking for further information about psychosis in the context of Autism, I found this article was a thoghtful read.  I thought it was the best text I have found which lists and explains some the subtleties known as "positive symptoms" versus "negative symptoms.  Having read it - and pondered over the information for a bit - I began to wonder / suspect; that it might be possible that many people are likely to hear the word "psychosis" and - partly due to how it is often referred to or portrayed in the media or films and TV - ...what people may be likely to first think about is those types of things listed under the "positive syptoms" ...the overt things like hallucinations, delusions, disorganised thinking and speech.  Whereas there is the other set of things - which are listed under the "negative symptoms" - which each struck me, when reading the article; as seeming perhaps like a much more subtle aspect of psychosis - maybe things which many people are less likely to have heard about?)":

Psychosis and Autism

You can also expand and explore the sections towards the end of the article - headed:

Information for people affected by psychosis

and

Information for practitioners working with autistic people

(which I did do so - because I found it helpsul to see both the Person and the Clinician / Practiioner perspectives)

...and some of those other references - under both sections - had yet more to add to potential understanding or consideration arond the topic of psychosis - within the context of Autism - and what / why a Clinician / Practioner might be considering and recommending as a treatment pathway).

(My apology if I have misunderstood): what I cannot tell from your post - is whether the woman you mention has made much explanation / options / recommendations clear to you / your Mum / your Aunt - as to what she believes she may have observed / understood about your unique situation (and, therefore, why her treatment recommendation includes the particular medication she has in mind for you to be prescribed for a year). 

This Community Forum is not designed for discussing the most private physical / mental health details of each of us using the Community Forum (so I am definitely not asking, nor recommending, that you go into more details on here).  What I did wonder (because I have sometimes experienced this myself ...it is not an uncommon thing to happen in my personal experience of dealing with Clinicians) ...maybe, just maybe: the woman might not yet have found the best "Autistic-Friendly-For-You-As-An-Individual" way to explain the situation and options and recommendations (as she sees them) to you, for your benefit, and to aid you in deciding to which treatment plan you might give your consent.

I feel that, if I were in your situation, I would want to try and have another conversation with that woman (in which ever style or mode plays to your personal communication strengths e.g. I don't like telephone calls or vdeo calls with medics about this sort of thing - try and use the thing / style which really works best for you - as your own particular example of an Autistic person) - to see if I could re-explain to them my understanding so far and why I think and believe that / my outstanding questions / my deep down concerns / how bad my puzzlement and confusion was / my real reluctance to just agree to something without better understanding what is being considered / my personal outlook on this type of thing - and also to try and encourage within that conversation / appointment with that woman - her trying again (maybe a slightly different way this time) to offer to you her side of the conversation / judgement calls she is trying to balance / the concerns on your behalf / why she believes the option she has presented is the best choice / what the review options and timesclaes are if you were to start the medication / what monitoring would take place while you were to be taking the medication and what opportunites would there be for you to give your feedback about how you were finding things were going if you were taking that medication. 

I don't mind admitting to you; that I also found myself in a fairly similar "me versus the medic" difficult situation only this week.  OK, it was on a completly different topic to yours - but the same uncomfortable "they said: X versus I thought or was still worrying about Y" type situation ...when it was far too important a topic / outcome for me to not speak up for myslef and try to get it sorted out to the point where I was confident (and accepting / consenting) about what needed to go on and why).  I highlighted to the medic I was dealing with: that how Autism presented for me, as an Autistic woman, meant they please needed to work with me on finding a different explaniation attempt.  With the medics cooperation - we got there after the second explanation style.  I am hoping something like that might be achievable for you too.  

• yeah i dont think anyone can advise on this at all.... because if you are actually psychotic you wouldnt  know and we wouldnt.... for all we know your aunt maybe a hallucination.

• I'm mindful of rule 13 ("Users should not provide medical or legal advice to other users. Giving medical or legal advice can have serious consequences, even if you’re trying to help another member. Please suggest they get advice from a professional").

In that context, you could perhaps consider asking for a second opinion from a different medical professional.

• I get not wanting to take medication to try and “fix” Autistic traits, take it from someone who was misdiagnosed at five with ADHD and put on Ridalin and other medications such as Zoloft and what not later in life after properly being diagnosed with Autism (my CPTSD official diagnosis didn’t come until my 30s)  at 13, that stuff messed me up badly to where I was pretty much zombified and nonfunctional, even my mother had concerns because I was so out of it I would just sit there and drool. I also suffer from depression and anxiety and a lot of the medications just made the depression so bad I was constantly suicidal.

Don’t let anyone fool you, meditations for mental disorders aren’t for everyone, every person’s body reacts differently to these types of medications, some react very negatively while others it helps. I won’t take them because my body always has some type of negative reaction to them and people keep trying to encourage me to take meds and I am just like “No. I won’t subject myself to this.” There’s no medication that has ever stopped me from having sensory overloads and there’s no medication for CPTSD, especially when some of your triggers is people lying on you or getting blamed for someone else’s actions (yeah those put me in complete sensory overload) as no medicine can stop or control what other people do that push me into sensory overloads or triggers my CPTSD.

I don’t blame you for not wanting to do this and they can’t actually force you to take medications you don’t want to take, you’re legally an adult. Let them prescribe them all they want, you don’t have to get the prescription filled or pick it up or anything. I know this is a negative view but I don’t sugarcoat things and encourage people to do stuff they don’t want to do because in the end, in a situation like this, it’s not my body that is being subjugated to taking medication and so therefore is not my choice or my say in any way.

• Quote Oliver McGowan.. she will know what that means..

• Psychotic medication isn’t that bad. Depends but they’re not bad at all. People think they’re for lunatics though it’s just stigma you know. If you take the sedatives your doctor wants to give you then that’s up to you. I got marked with some psychotics because of heavy cannabis use. But saying that alcohol is my main problem can’t touch it. It’s too bad for me.