Are we disabled?

This question is controversial but I thought Jeremy Andrew Davis had an interesting take.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tdOp8XnTm6c

What do you all think?

Parents
  • My autism has not prevented me from doing and achieving things that I really wanted. It has made it more difficult and narrowed the range of things that seemed possible. I cannot say that autism has disabled me, but it has limited me. I'm aware that other autistic people have greater problems than I do and think that, for official use, autism should remain classed as a disability.

• Are you aware of the fact that you are part of the top 1% of autistic people?

• Tell me that when I am so anxious about a public speaking event, or high powered meeting, that I feel like vomiting. Or when I have touched a texture that makes me feel that death would be preferable to the bone-deep revulsion I am experiencing. Autism is not linear, there isn't a top or bottom, just variations in what people are able to do or not do, plus variations in the willingness of the individual autist to go through discomfort to achieve goals.

• Tell that to those people unable to take a shower or to attend a Jobcentre meeting without help. I dare you.

Reply Children
No Data