Are we disabled?

This question is controversial but I thought Jeremy Andrew Davis had an interesting take.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tdOp8XnTm6c

What do you all think?

Parents
  • I was in a pub yesterday having lunch and we had booked a table in the center of the place so that we would be as far away from the music speakers as possible.

When we got there, there was a wake booked and we couldn't have the seats - we were put right next to a speaker.

So, I asked the manager if she would turn the music down.

I said that two of us are autistic and the music really bothers us.

I also explained that this was why we had booked those particular seats in the first place.

She was understanding and turned it down which stopped the whole lunch being ruined for us.

It's very important that people are aware that autism can be disabling and therefore are prepared (when they are good people) to respect this and accommodate us.

• I'm really glad she turned it down for you. Nice to read you encountered someone who was understanding, really good to hear that. 

I was travelling in a car with a friend and she turned off the stereo because she knew I had be sensitive to sound. I felt so happy that she thought of me before turning up, I didn't ask or anything, she said right away she knew how I struggle so she turned it off. 

Kind people are out there.

• I'm really glad she turned it down for you. Nice to read you encountered someone who was understanding, really good to hear that. 

I was travelling in a car with a friend and she turned off the stereo because she knew I had be sensitive to sound. I felt so happy that she thought of me before turning up, I didn't ask or anything, she said right away she knew how I struggle so she turned it off. 

Kind people are out there.

Children
No Data