Are we disabled?

This question is controversial but I thought Jeremy Andrew Davis had an interesting take.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tdOp8XnTm6c

What do you all think?

Parents
  • When I was a teenager I heard from my step dad that I’m somehow socially disabled. He said that in a malicious way to hurt me (he has many narcissistic traits) however I think he was right in Some way. But it’s very subjective. Am I unable to make friends? Or am I unable to make friends with neurotypical people… I remember having good contact with few neurodivergent people. 
    I could say Autism is a disability when compared to the “norm”, some people are affected mildly, others - severely. I’m the one affected mildly, so I don’t need external support for my essential activities. But others may need it. I just manage my life the way that I feel better and do my best to protect my fragile mental health. 

• When I was a teenager I heard from my step dad that I’m somehow socially disabled. He said that in a malicious way to hurt me (he has many narcissistic traits) however I think he was right in Some way. But it’s very subjective. Am I unable to make friends? Or am I unable to make friends with neurotypical people… I remember having good contact with few neurodivergent people. 
    I could say Autism is a disability when compared to the “norm”, some people are affected mildly, others - severely. I’m the one affected mildly, so I don’t need external support for my essential activities. But others may need it. I just manage my life the way that I feel better and do my best to protect my fragile mental health. 

Children
No Data