Are we disabled?

This question is controversial but I thought Jeremy Andrew Davis had an interesting take.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tdOp8XnTm6c

What do you all think?

Parents
  • Yes, in a word, autism is a neurodevelopmental condition. In which impairment can cause our cognition to differ from the typical. This causes us to develop differently overtime, cause us to have different triggers to psychological distress, and causes us to use the cognition we’ve been spared to seek-stimuli or sooth-stimuli in more-basic ways that a neurotypical may.

This is an off-the-cuff description, as I find that books and references can provide official definition, I prefer to use my own words and contest criticism to my understanding.. that way I learn and absorb understanding better over time..:)

• Yes, in a word, autism is a neurodevelopmental condition. In which impairment can cause our cognition to differ from the typical. This causes us to develop differently overtime, cause us to have different triggers to psychological distress, and causes us to use the cognition we’ve been spared to seek-stimuli or sooth-stimuli in more-basic ways that a neurotypical may.

This is an off-the-cuff description, as I find that books and references can provide official definition, I prefer to use my own words and contest criticism to my understanding.. that way I learn and absorb understanding better over time..:)

Children
No Data