Generation Anxiety: smartphones have created a gen Z mental health crisis – but there are ways to fix it

Parents
  • Although I use my phone for a lot of things that I feel benefit me I draw the line at social media. I don’t feel that it would be useful to me tbh. I do understand that I’m in a minority on this and constantly get hassled by friends and family because of my refusal to indulge. 
    It’s just not for me, I’m a background kind of person and don’t like being the focus of attention so I stay clear and always have. 

• Although I use my phone for a lot of things that I feel benefit me I draw the line at social media. I don’t feel that it would be useful to me tbh.

You do realise that this autistic community is a form of social media?

• True actually.

I must admit though I do rate this place as a lifeline for some and at the very least a place where people can support each other. 
    I’ve always stayed away from social media because of how it appeared to me which was individuals wanting to make their lives look fantastic to others. 
    I often think that if life is that great for them why do they need to make others feel bad that they are not able to do the things they do. 
    My wife scrolls through endless amounts of posts, it scrambles my brain just catching a glimpse. 

Anyway thanks for bringing that to my attention Awesomely 

• True actually.

I must admit though I do rate this place as a lifeline for some and at the very least a place where people can support each other. 
    I’ve always stayed away from social media because of how it appeared to me which was individuals wanting to make their lives look fantastic to others. 
    I often think that if life is that great for them why do they need to make others feel bad that they are not able to do the things they do. 
    My wife scrolls through endless amounts of posts, it scrambles my brain just catching a glimpse. 

Anyway thanks for bringing that to my attention Awesomely 

Children
  • I must admit though I do rate this place as a lifeline for some and at the very least a place where people can support each other. 

Yes absolutely I completely agree.

Yes I get that but there are a huge number of autistic advocate accounts on other social media platforms and this is mainly what I use social media for.