Generation Anxiety: smartphones have created a gen Z mental health crisis – but there are ways to fix it

Parents
  • I'm of the Z Generation. It's an interesting article and rather intriguing to think about. In some ways I see how it could affect mental health in a negative way but I'm not sure if the phones are the direct cause. I mean there's got to be so many other factors to consider as well... But I'm sure they do play a big part for some people, especially so if you spend time on the popular social medias like X and FB. Both I've been on and both I left quickly because they were drama and hostility that I didn't want to be involved in.

But to answer your question what's my relationship like with my phone?

It can be healthy and unhealthy. Sometimes I use it for the camera, or to listen to music, do research online or just to look at my remaining photos of family. Other times it can be unhealthy if my mental health is not so good. I try to avoid it when that happens, otherwise it's easy to get carried away and that does have consequences with mental health I've found in my personal experience. I try not to use it too much but these days my life has little else and they are so much more than a phone so if I want to read or watch or study, then I can. It's so many things all in one. And gives the ability to interact with others without having to actually talk and make eye contact which for this autistic is absolute heaven.

• I'm of the Z Generation. It's an interesting article and rather intriguing to think about. In some ways I see how it could affect mental health in a negative way but I'm not sure if the phones are the direct cause. I mean there's got to be so many other factors to consider as well... But I'm sure they do play a big part for some people, especially so if you spend time on the popular social medias like X and FB. Both I've been on and both I left quickly because they were drama and hostility that I didn't want to be involved in.

But to answer your question what's my relationship like with my phone?

It can be healthy and unhealthy. Sometimes I use it for the camera, or to listen to music, do research online or just to look at my remaining photos of family. Other times it can be unhealthy if my mental health is not so good. I try to avoid it when that happens, otherwise it's easy to get carried away and that does have consequences with mental health I've found in my personal experience. I try not to use it too much but these days my life has little else and they are so much more than a phone so if I want to read or watch or study, then I can. It's so many things all in one. And gives the ability to interact with others without having to actually talk and make eye contact which for this autistic is absolute heaven.

Children
No Data