Generation Anxiety: smartphones have created a gen Z mental health crisis – but there are ways to fix it

Parents
  • That is interesting. Thanks for sharing Debbie you make the best discussions.

I have a smartphone but I wouldn't say I use it in ways that will affect me negatively, minus googling health stuff and scaring myself half to death lol! I don't do social media, I see nothing good on there...

But I do use all these:

• Reminders.
    • Music app.
    • YouTube, to watch Doctor Who clips Innocent 
    • Health app which works with my smart watch monitoring my blood pressure, heart rate and so on = extremely useful as I've been diagnosed with breast cancer and can keep track of my health more in-depthly.
    • Online banking.
    • Online shopping.
    • Calendar to help me keep track of dates bc I'm terrible at remembering them lol.
    • Notes so I can quickly write a note then get it to remind me later on at specific times.
    • Can control my home lights and use the phone to see who's at the door with the interactive video doorbell.
    • Maps and GPS.
    • Easy access to the internet so I can literally look up whatever is interesting me and I want to know about.

I'm not addicted to my phone but I do find it extremely useful for the stuff mentioned above.

• Good to see so many Whovians on this forum. Blush I love your profile pictures. Tom Baker is my fave Doctor.

Best wishes,

Isadora.

• Let's see.... a fav?.. I just can't... I love his presence over all and can't think of one moment over another. ..I have to think in that. ..

I'm going with the Genesis of the Delek and The Arc In Space. I like all the dalek and cybermen episodes a lot.

• I love him as well. Like how eccentric he is but also how serious he could be. My fave ones of his are Horror of Fang Rock and The Talons of Weng-Chiang.

Best wishes,

Isadora.

• oh yes dear Tom B is My Doc.

Also Terry Nation is my fav writer (for the 'classic).

Reply Children
  • Let's see.... a fav?.. I just can't... I love his presence over all and can't think of one moment over another. ..I have to think in that. ..

I'm going with the Genesis of the Delek and The Arc In Space. I like all the dalek and cybermen episodes a lot.

• I love him as well. Like how eccentric he is but also how serious he could be. My fave ones of his are Horror of Fang Rock and The Talons of Weng-Chiang.

Best wishes,

Isadora.