Generation Anxiety: smartphones have created a gen Z mental health crisis – but there are ways to fix it

Parents
  • That is interesting. Thanks for sharing Debbie you make the best discussions.

I have a smartphone but I wouldn't say I use it in ways that will affect me negatively, minus googling health stuff and scaring myself half to death lol! I don't do social media, I see nothing good on there...

But I do use all these:

• Reminders.
    • Music app.
    • YouTube, to watch Doctor Who clips Innocent 
    • Health app which works with my smart watch monitoring my blood pressure, heart rate and so on = extremely useful as I've been diagnosed with breast cancer and can keep track of my health more in-depthly.
    • Online banking.
    • Online shopping.
    • Calendar to help me keep track of dates bc I'm terrible at remembering them lol.
    • Notes so I can quickly write a note then get it to remind me later on at specific times.
    • Can control my home lights and use the phone to see who's at the door with the interactive video doorbell.
    • Maps and GPS.
    • Easy access to the internet so I can literally look up whatever is interesting me and I want to know about.

I'm not addicted to my phone but I do find it extremely useful for the stuff mentioned above.

• I like using maps as well. There's a handy street view feature which allows you to see the place as if you're actually standing there. It's really cool. I use this a lot to familiarise myself with a place I'm going to be visiting in the near future.

Best wishes,

Isadora.

• I like using maps as well. There's a handy street view feature which allows you to see the place as if you're actually standing there. It's really cool. I use this a lot to familiarise myself with a place I'm going to be visiting in the near future.

Best wishes,

Isadora.

Children
No Data