Generation Anxiety: smartphones have created a gen Z mental health crisis – but there are ways to fix it

Parents
  • I can’t talk about anybody. I am a young guy and am currently addicted to my phone. I wonder how the coming generation will handle the world. I feel kinda sorry for the upcoming generation I mean they have it so hard compared to the older generations who had it relatively easy in comparison. I know older generations had their struggles also but I think todays youth still have it way harder. I mean todays youth have to deal with the threat of WW3 which would blow both WW1 and WW2 out of the water in terms of severity. I mean we’re dealing with nuclear weapons here and cyber robots with guns that can sense your movements and breathe from a mile away. Real scary stuff. Ever watched black mirror that tv series scared me at the time it came out in 2016 because it portrayed the future and the dark side of technology and now it’s practically here everything they showed us in the tv series it’s here. Terminators are real now how scary is that? 

• I feel kinda sorry for the upcoming generation I mean they have it so hard compared to the older generations who had it relatively easy in comparison. I know older generations had their struggles also but I think todays youth still have it way harder.

I think that needs another thread!

I could give you so much detail of how hard our lives were when we were young, how much true deprivation there was and even more so for our parents.

How many gadgets and time saving devices didn't exist, how expensive goods were and how hard it was to make meals without supermarket ready meals (or supermarkets when I was really young).

How we walked everywhere because we couldn't afford cars.

How we had to make our own clothes because we couldn't afford new.

How I had to wear my sisters' and mothers' hand-me-downs and was relentlessly bullied because of this.

Womens lives have been transformed in the decades I've been alive, and hugely improved with opportunities.

However, the WW3 thing is a real threat.

• I grew up in a one bedroom tenement, no phone, no central heating, no double glazing, ice inside the windows when it was cold. Didn’t have a TV until I was around 8 years old. This wasn’t at all unusual back then - the late 70s/early 80s, not exactly a million years ago.

Reply Children
No Data