Generation Anxiety: smartphones have created a gen Z mental health crisis – but there are ways to fix it

Parents Reply
  • I'm wary of clicking on links that I don't recognise and have never heard of, but took a gamble and clicked on that one.

I found the footage of the toddler in bed 'scrolling' a non-existent smartphone to be particularly disturbing. It's not often I find myself agreeing with your opinions, but on this occasion I think you may well be right about those children... or at least some of them.

Children
  • And it's the speed that technology has advanced which is unprecedented, who knows what effect it will have. It's only 5 minutes ago, anthropologically speaking, that we were sitting in our caves, clubbing potential mates (naming no names:)

• That's literally addiction. Those kids have the same biochemical reaction in their brain as a junkie going cold turkey. Unless their parents put them through some serious therapy, they are not going to enjoy much their life. I have seen many parents putting their kids in front of a smartphone/Ipad as soon as they could hold it. No play, no socialization, no activities, only phone. I wonder how they will develop.