Generation Anxiety: smartphones have created a gen Z mental health crisis – but there are ways to fix it

Parents
  • Do you have a smartphone and if not, why not?

Does the absence isolate you?

Also, what is your relationship with your phone?

I keep mine at as good a distance emotionally and intellectually as I can manage, but having a rather obsessive personality, I find myself checking it more often than I would like.

However, I do turn off all notifications for peace of mind.

• I don't have a smart phone, I don't know how to use one, this is the only social media I use. The only time the absense of a smart effects me is when others often organisations want me to have one, like car parks, banks etc. I have a stupid phone that I use to call or text people when I want or need to. I rarely take it out with me as I hate people knowing where I am all the time and wanting me to be constantly available and all the resultant questions, like what time am I coming home, things I can do whilst I'm out, I go out to get away from others.

• I don't have a smart phone, I don't know how to use one, this is the only social media I use. The only time the absense of a smart effects me is when others often organisations want me to have one, like car parks, banks etc. I have a stupid phone that I use to call or text people when I want or need to. I rarely take it out with me as I hate people knowing where I am all the time and wanting me to be constantly available and all the resultant questions, like what time am I coming home, things I can do whilst I'm out, I go out to get away from others.

Children
No Data