Sport

I hate sport, all sport, I don't like competition or see whats so good about it, why it has to dominate so much air time, rugby is practically a religion in Wales with football not far behind. I dont' like wearing uniforms, I'm not a uniform person. I intensely dislike getting hot and sweaty too. I swim like a brick and the best bit of skiing I ever managed was backwards.

Can someone please explain to me whats so good about sport and competition?

• I have no interest whatsoever in sport but get me on the right day and i enjoy the cameraderie. Or rather, observing it.

• I agree, but I suspect it was because enforced team sports during school. I'm just not made for team sports. I discovered I was good at running in high school which came as quite a surprise to all the sporty guys that had presumably written me off as a nerd.

I cannot understand people getting excited about football teams either, talking about the results of a match as if they were on the field themselves. I suspect that type of tribal / gang identity thing just isn't compatible with autism.

• I find sport extremely boring!

When I was a kid my dad and grandad used to drag me to do cricket every weekend and it was a dull thing to have to endure. It was painful too, the ball often struck my legs and it hurt like hell. That put me off straight away.

School then came and constantly having to do sports was sheer torture and now I hate it for life. I don't watch it, I don't follow it and it I can help it I don't do it.