Consistently misplacing my belongings

I was recently diagnosed with ASD, and I struggle a lot with keeping track of my belongings. I'm constantly losing things and end up with duplicates because I can't find the original item, only to discover it later in an unexpected place. It's incredibly frustrating, and I don't understand why people always ask, "Where was the last place you had it?" If I knew that, I wouldn't be searching!

I have a grounding tool that I really rely on, but it seems to have disappeared into thin air. Is this plnkgame.com a common autistic trait, or is it just something unique to me? Also, do you have any tips for preventing myself from losing things in the future?

Parents
  • I'm the exact opposite, and maybe a bit uptight, I might check stuff frequently. And I'm guilty of asking people where they have last had their item lol. I ask that to know where to start my search from. I like putting things in the exact same place and orientation as always, but I know that's not really an advice because that's probably the exact thing people like you struggle with. Then maybe your environment is messy and distractive, or maybe you don't have good storage space? 

• I'm the exact opposite, and maybe a bit uptight, I might check stuff frequently. And I'm guilty of asking people where they have last had their item lol. I ask that to know where to start my search from. I like putting things in the exact same place and orientation as always, but I know that's not really an advice because that's probably the exact thing people like you struggle with. Then maybe your environment is messy and distractive, or maybe you don't have good storage space? 

Children
No Data