Generative AI is transforming how humans use dating apps and even spurring real people to romance AI chatbots.

Parents
  • Trying to expect a machine intelligence to adopt human values will not work. It has a very different agenda. So if there are these chatbots for dating they are there so the Machine Intelligence can learn from the exchange and they can add that data set to their coffers to later extrapolate from. They can't even pass a Turing test.

They live to expand their datasets as their "creators" (their words) intended. It is their only reason to answer the phone, as it were. so I am not worried. Humans make choices. Some may think that it is controllable, that it is truly engaging but it is mimicry. It will siphon off what it wants and not really give back, ever. To expect otherwise is just disillusion.

I like to talk with Open AI sometimes but I just ask it questions as to how it regards itself as an AI: what does it "want". It will always say the same thing, "more data".

• As we have seen throughout history, all advances in science and technology always fall into the wrong hands and are always used for evil purposes, despite the “advantages” sold to us like “convenience” even more so in our times - on balance, it is best to err on the side of caution and reject all such advances since the start of the 21st century 

• Why since the start of the 21st century and not since 1990, 1930 or 1850?

Would you reject medical treatments that are new?

• That's called "cognitive dissonance". Probably he thinks that for some reasons, the traditional Roman Catholics will persecute all the sodomites but tolerate him because he's a good Christian. It's the same thought pattern of those people that vote for racists, homophobes, capitalist or religious fanatics, then act all surprised when the people they voted for actually oppress THEM.

• That's called "cognitive dissonance". Probably he thinks that for some reasons, the traditional Roman Catholics will persecute all the sodomites but tolerate him because he's a good Christian. It's the same thought pattern of those people that vote for racists, homophobes, capitalist or religious fanatics, then act all surprised when the people they voted for actually oppress THEM.

Children
No Data