Had my pip payments stoped

Hi just found out my pip payment has been stopped as i have failed to fill out the forms for review. This is really stressing me out I am currently living in student accommodation and my dad has moved away. The house will be mine when I finish university and all the post has been going there and I’ve not been able to check on the house final year of uni very busy trying to sort things out but very stressed over this. Really not sure what’s going to happen as pip is my only income apart from my student loan at the moment. Has anyone got any advice on how I can sort this? My dad is currently back down from Scotland and is trying to help me sort this as well. My biggest worry is being rejected and going to court to appeal which has happened before it was so stressful I almost had a meltdown in the courtroom. I know I am still intitled to it but with the stress of almost finishing my degree I don’t need this on top of it. 

Parents
  • My biggest worry is being rejected and going to court to appeal which has happened before it was so stressful I almost had a meltdown in the courtroom

A meltdown in court while appealing would be a pretty good justification for why you should be on it.

Fill in the forms and send them in, recorded or registered.  Appeal and tribunal if you have to and you probably will.  Even if you have a cast iron claim, they still throw almost everyone to appeal nowadays.  If you have to have an assessment and they want to give you a telephone assessment, say no and demand a face to face.  It removes any chance of doubt and they get to see you in person and see how bad you are first hand.  It will make the appeal easier when you get to it.

I'm sorry you have to do this in your final year.  Get it started ASAP, but I would work on the fact it will go to court and you are probably not going to get any money for a while.  You need to talk to your university student services, citizens advice bureau and if you can afford the solicitor then maybe do that, but I'm guessing that's goint to be a no go, given you appear to be living on PIP.  Any money you have needs to go on your accomodation.  You should probably look at some sort of temporary work as well, to tide you over.  i don't have any easy suggestions.  You might have to live very frugally for the next few months.

• My biggest worry is being rejected and going to court to appeal which has happened before it was so stressful I almost had a meltdown in the courtroom

A meltdown in court while appealing would be a pretty good justification for why you should be on it.

Fill in the forms and send them in, recorded or registered.  Appeal and tribunal if you have to and you probably will.  Even if you have a cast iron claim, they still throw almost everyone to appeal nowadays.  If you have to have an assessment and they want to give you a telephone assessment, say no and demand a face to face.  It removes any chance of doubt and they get to see you in person and see how bad you are first hand.  It will make the appeal easier when you get to it.

I'm sorry you have to do this in your final year.  Get it started ASAP, but I would work on the fact it will go to court and you are probably not going to get any money for a while.  You need to talk to your university student services, citizens advice bureau and if you can afford the solicitor then maybe do that, but I'm guessing that's goint to be a no go, given you appear to be living on PIP.  Any money you have needs to go on your accomodation.  You should probably look at some sort of temporary work as well, to tide you over.  i don't have any easy suggestions.  You might have to live very frugally for the next few months.

Children
No Data