Purpose

I find myself looking for a purpose in life. I've always associated that with a career or bringing up a family. My children are adults now, and do not live nearby. And a career doesn't seem very likely for me now, due to various health reasons. 

Someone said to me recently that a purpose doesn't have to be just those things. But I can't get passed that. Any thoughts please ? 

Parents
  • My current purpose is FPV drones.  It's more a hobby than a general purpose in life, but it's fun and I get to fly and fell the actual flight as if in the cockpit of a plane.  I am always drawn to the fringe hobbies.  I was once a scuba diver.  i ride motorcycles and fix them, same with cars and vans.

A purpose can be anything.  It could be volunteering at a local library or community centre.  It could be walking across a country for no reason other than having a good walk and meeting new people.  You discount the new career, but a new career doesn't necessarily entail going to a new place of work.  There are still a lot of jobs that can be done from home as a freelancer.  You presumably have a skill set from working throughout your life, so become a consultant and utilise that skill set.

For a long time I wondered if my entire purpose was just to exist.  Maybe it is and everything else is just trivial folly. Slight smile

• I used to work freelance, and I have been thinking about gently getting back into it. I'm still passionate about it. If it's meant to be I guess it'll just flow - I do have an interested party already. 

I know that this is going a bit off topic, but you may have read that I was considering getting some Guinea pigs for company. I had a look at a few today, and they were squabbling and fighting. I decided it wasn't for me. Maybe I just need to be brave and be open to what I really want, and see what happens. 

For a long time I wondered if my entire purpose was just to exist.  Maybe it is and everything else is just trivial folly.

Maybe I should 'Justbe' Blush

• I will never be able to have animals due to allergies, so i can't advise on them.  I could theoretically have cats, but I don't really trust them and they have a weird smell that I dislike, almost sickly sweet, but it makes me want to vomit.  Everything else puts me in resus. Slight smile

• I will never be able to have animals due to allergies, so i can't advise on them.  I could theoretically have cats, but I don't really trust them and they have a weird smell that I dislike, almost sickly sweet, but it makes me want to vomit.  Everything else puts me in resus. Slight smile

Children
No Data