I think men should wear suits and ties

I do not believe it is good to be looking lazy. In the most expensive private schools all the children have to wear suits and ties. All the big world leaders have suits and ties. It is possible to do it quite easily. I wear a pear of trousers under my suit trousers and a T shirt and jumper under my shirt and suit jacket. If it rains, I put all my clothes on the boiler in the boiler room so that they quickly dry. 

Parents
  • Clothes are generally perceived as an indication of what a person is about. SImple uniforms, have strong taboos about being worn by non members of the group, but carry a sort of authority about them.

I had a woman come and tidy me up once and the feeling of being clean and tidy looking was nice, but my day started and ended in a house I'd bought from the council and I stood out like a sore thumb. 

If you want to be seen as a quality person then the whole package matters, grooming, cleanliness, generall physiology to a limited extent, some clothes look better on some people and rubbish on others.

If you habitually "dress to express" like some people do you never know how they will look. 

You can play games with clothing. And many peoeple do.Tehre are soe jobs which you haev to wear old or disposable clothing to do, which allow you to look scruffy all the time yet still garner respect providing you CAN clean up occasionally.

Or you can establish your own "look" based either on utilty or style or (rarely) a combination of the two.

You can also use clothing to "break the mould" as it were. I'm considering doing some door to door canvassing for either gardening or handyman style work, and if I do, I'll wear smart business attire (I have a lot left over from one of my lives spent as a visiting engineer in the financial sector, so I CAN scrub up well when I need to. The expression "dress for sucess" has real validity when canvassing for  work.

Sounds like you are enjoying experimenting. Just don't get hooked on "fashion". That way lies bankrupcy and madness...

• Clothes are generally perceived as an indication of what a person is about. SImple uniforms, have strong taboos about being worn by non members of the group, but carry a sort of authority about them.

I had a woman come and tidy me up once and the feeling of being clean and tidy looking was nice, but my day started and ended in a house I'd bought from the council and I stood out like a sore thumb. 

If you want to be seen as a quality person then the whole package matters, grooming, cleanliness, generall physiology to a limited extent, some clothes look better on some people and rubbish on others.

If you habitually "dress to express" like some people do you never know how they will look. 

You can play games with clothing. And many peoeple do.Tehre are soe jobs which you haev to wear old or disposable clothing to do, which allow you to look scruffy all the time yet still garner respect providing you CAN clean up occasionally.

Or you can establish your own "look" based either on utilty or style or (rarely) a combination of the two.

You can also use clothing to "break the mould" as it were. I'm considering doing some door to door canvassing for either gardening or handyman style work, and if I do, I'll wear smart business attire (I have a lot left over from one of my lives spent as a visiting engineer in the financial sector, so I CAN scrub up well when I need to. The expression "dress for sucess" has real validity when canvassing for  work.

Sounds like you are enjoying experimenting. Just don't get hooked on "fashion". That way lies bankrupcy and madness...

Children
No Data