Barking dogs noise sensitivity

I was only diagnosed with autism a couple of years ago after being asked so many times you seem so autistic, I stilll live at home where I am surrounded by dogs, I was just wondering if anyone else is noise sensitive to dog barks? 

I have earbuds and and ear-defenders, which are the best ear defenders for sound cancellation?

kind regards 

Parents
  • It's a big issue for me, increasingly so over the last few years. During Covid the dog owners near me starting letting their dogs out into the garden all day every day, since they were working from home. The dogs started barking at anything and everything. The owners did not see any issue or need to train their dogs not to bark.

I couldn't use my garden, go in or out or get a delivery without being subjected to the intolerable noise. The more I was subjected to the noise the more sensitised to it I became, to the point where it can trigger a meltdown within seconds.

I have tried all kinds of solutions over the years. At best they dampen the noise a little but I have not found anything that will block it out totally. The noise is too short and sharp and most noise cancelling solutions seems to work better on lower more constant noise.

• I still live at home, they were barking last night 9:35 it’s terrible, I tried ear defenders they didn’t work or ear buds I have emailed various people asking politely and my roads team where I live my mum she’s not affected but me being autistic I am. I didn’t want to sleep in my bedroom because of the barking dogs it was that bad. Dogs seem to be thing to have where I live we’re surrounded, one dog sets off another sadly. Nice talking I can totally relate kind regards 

• I still live at home, they were barking last night 9:35 it’s terrible, I tried ear defenders they didn’t work or ear buds I have emailed various people asking politely and my roads team where I live my mum she’s not affected but me being autistic I am. I didn’t want to sleep in my bedroom because of the barking dogs it was that bad. Dogs seem to be thing to have where I live we’re surrounded, one dog sets off another sadly. Nice talking I can totally relate kind regards 

Children
No Data