Barking dogs noise sensitivity

I was only diagnosed with autism a couple of years ago after being asked so many times you seem so autistic, I stilll live at home where I am surrounded by dogs, I was just wondering if anyone else is noise sensitive to dog barks? 

I have earbuds and and ear-defenders, which are the best ear defenders for sound cancellation?

kind regards 

Parents Reply Children
  • I’m severe moderate autism and it makes my anxiety worse i don't want to go outside because of the dogs. Have dogs but train them? Finally someone who can relate kind regards 

• Same...

Dogs bark - it's what they do.
    BUT when you have a neighbour that has no consideration for others and do absolutely nothing to stop their dog from barking on and on, then that is an issue. At least during the winter the dog spends most of the time indoors, but as the weather is starting to improve, we are subjected to the annoyance every day.
    Being autistic ceratinly doesn't help the situation - I find that their dog's particular bark really grates me. 
    Maybe this year I'll actually do someting about it - must read up on local regulations around noise polution!