My dad ruined a lot of my life

He's an electrician and he never taught me anything. He could have taught me everything he knew and I would have had an easy self-employed job. He came from poverty. He beat me up a few times and was abusive towards me and my mother but got away with it. He chased me out of the house one with a knife and made me homeless because he was unhappy I stopped going to school because I was being bullied, so he basically bullied someone in a vulnerable position. He hit my mother as well but she can't even remember it happening, she seems to have been brainwashed by him. I find it hard to trust men because of him. 

Parents
  • I’m so sorry to hear that I used to have issues with my dad not like on your level though. My dad used to smack me as a kid and we used to clash a lot when I got older. He has phoned the police on me. Since my mum died we get on better before she had her open heart surgery she made us both promise her that if she never woke up for the 2 of us to get on. Sadly my mum did wake up only to be put back under sedation again as she couldn’t survive without the ventilator and she never recovered. Since then me and my dad get on really well we spoke about what he did to me and he very sorry now. I understand how you feel and have you ever thought about speaking to him about everything he has done it might help. 

• I feel heartbrokewn, you did not deserve that to happen to you. And my father is stupid, I cannot speak to him. 

Reply Children