My dad ruined a lot of my life

He's an electrician and he never taught me anything. He could have taught me everything he knew and I would have had an easy self-employed job. He came from poverty. He beat me up a few times and was abusive towards me and my mother but got away with it. He chased me out of the house one with a knife and made me homeless because he was unhappy I stopped going to school because I was being bullied, so he basically bullied someone in a vulnerable position. He hit my mother as well but she can't even remember it happening, she seems to have been brainwashed by him. I find it hard to trust men because of him. 

Parents
  • That's really terrible. It's possible that he has problems of his own, and it's terrible he can't be considerate and keep them from spilling over to his family. I feel like my parents missed massive opportunities to guide me, direct me, and warn me about the perils of the world. They left me totally in the dark, for me to discover that people are nasty, manipulative, and with ulterior motives, and it's really something they should have done given their circumstances. They really didn't care that their relation to the world could affect their kids, and their attitude is "You're adults", which is ridiculous, because they're the ones who didn't prepare us, and the ones who continue to lie, promise support, and then retract it.

• That's really terrible. It's possible that he has problems of his own, and it's terrible he can't be considerate and keep them from spilling over to his family. I feel like my parents missed massive opportunities to guide me, direct me, and warn me about the perils of the world. They left me totally in the dark, for me to discover that people are nasty, manipulative, and with ulterior motives, and it's really something they should have done given their circumstances. They really didn't care that their relation to the world could affect their kids, and their attitude is "You're adults", which is ridiculous, because they're the ones who didn't prepare us, and the ones who continue to lie, promise support, and then retract it.

Children
No Data