No real friends or acquaintances

It's just mentally tough. I really have no one to talk to. I only have work colleagues, and that's it. It's a very sad situation being like this. I'm different to other people and i just can't accept i'll never make friends. It's missing out on life, this s*** is. I do deeply wish i could make friends - i long for more conmections,and having a few guys to hang out with would be great. I always am alone and it takes a toll on my psyche. I've wanted friends for years, but I've never been successful. At 20, should i accept i'll never make the friends and memories i want?

Parents
  • I’m abit the same I have no friends as well, sadly I think it’s an autistic thing the difficulties we face, i had the problem what I thought were friends weren’t, I found out from leaving work that they weren’t just friends but were acquaintances none of them stayed in touch all distanced themselves. One girl I liked Jess she was cute, don’t feel bad about it your not alone kind regards 

• I’m abit the same I have no friends as well, sadly I think it’s an autistic thing the difficulties we face, i had the problem what I thought were friends weren’t, I found out from leaving work that they weren’t just friends but were acquaintances none of them stayed in touch all distanced themselves. One girl I liked Jess she was cute, don’t feel bad about it your not alone kind regards 

Children
  • It's a super sad situation, going through life like this.

It's a shame you couldn't stay in touch with jess. It's hard knowing if someone is or isn't a friend. I know making friends for me is probably impossible, so i just concentrate on the quality of the moments i have with others, which are rare.Frowning2Frowning2