No real friends or acquaintances

It's just mentally tough. I really have no one to talk to. I only have work colleagues, and that's it. It's a very sad situation being like this. I'm different to other people and i just can't accept i'll never make friends. It's missing out on life, this s*** is. I do deeply wish i could make friends - i long for more conmections,and having a few guys to hang out with would be great. I always am alone and it takes a toll on my psyche. I've wanted friends for years, but I've never been successful. At 20, should i accept i'll never make the friends and memories i want?

Parents
  • Best of luck bro making friends. I’m 23 and like you just can’t seem to find anyone. I don’t know why I can’t find anyone. A lot of the boys my age I meet already have their own friend group from school that they made and don’t really need another friend like me. I was actually crying about this last night for a few hours wishing things were different. It’s hard not to be bitter at times but we’ve gotta keep fighting. If you have to cry don’t be afraid to cry just let it out. Better than keeping your anger all balled up.

• Best of luck bro making friends. I’m 23 and like you just can’t seem to find anyone. I don’t know why I can’t find anyone. A lot of the boys my age I meet already have their own friend group from school that they made and don’t really need another friend like me. I was actually crying about this last night for a few hours wishing things were different. It’s hard not to be bitter at times but we’ve gotta keep fighting. If you have to cry don’t be afraid to cry just let it out. Better than keeping your anger all balled up.

Children
  • Your story is relatable, I'm sorry to hear that:( 

It is so demoralizing, when you see guys as the same age as yourself, perhaps from similar background or not, making those friends and spending great moments with each other, that they will remember. It's a mentally very tough thing to not have that. Even people like ourselves need connections and friends, and quality ones at that. I don't usually cry, it's just feelings of despair that have eroded into my psyche permanently, forever negatively affecting the quality of my life