what do neurotypical people want Bruh

I get asked questions typically yes or no questions and when I answer I find that my answer is not what they're looking for.

For example, someone asked me if I've eaten (hey have you eaten).  I'm like yeah, I ate a donut. they are always then displeased. Should I go around saying no? or they make a comment like a donut isn't a proper meal. 

what is the right answer here?

Parents
  • Please remember that when an NT asks you a question, they are not asking for info. They are doing a social ritual, and they expect you to answer according to the ritual. It's like one of those elaborated court dances. And you will always lose the performance.

• Please remember that when an NT asks you a question, they are not asking for info. They are doing a social ritual, and they expect you to answer according to the ritual. It's like one of those elaborated court dances. And you will always lose the performance.

Children
  • That's not always true. You can win the performance, and I often do, when I've a mind to.

You just need to understand the game, and "Up level" yourself.

I'm not trying to rile you, or dimnish the honest and genuine nature of your reply, but there's a little book I read and recommend all the time that really will give us/you the edge that we so sorely lack.

You'll even be able to mock me more effectively than you've managed so far... ;c)

(Mind you that'll show others the awesome efficacy of my recommendation, so it'll be an "own goal" in it;s own way too.) O.K. Now I'm taking the mick, a bit, I'll stop. 

IT is a CHOICE though now, whether you continue to be bemused and dismayed at the neurtypical world or read the manual and start using it for your own purposes... (You'll still be dismayed OFC, I can't fix everything

• Please remember that when an NT asks you a question, they are not asking for info. They are doing a social ritual, and they expect you to answer according to the ritual.

Absolutely! Completely agree with you!