what do neurotypical people want Bruh

I get asked questions typically yes or no questions and when I answer I find that my answer is not what they're looking for.

For example, someone asked me if I've eaten (hey have you eaten).  I'm like yeah, I ate a donut. they are always then displeased. Should I go around saying no? or they make a comment like a donut isn't a proper meal. 

what is the right answer here?

• As I tried to explain to you, I am not interested in arguing with you and I do not feel the need to ask for a second opinion.

• Let's ask the audience (if there is one) shall we?

Do I really taunt and insult this person? Ive been a bit sarky adn uncompromising I feel, but taunt and insult??

Maybe that's how it comes across, yes, this is a situation where a second or thrid or fourth opion would be useful to either or both of us.

But obviously, however they vote, if you aren't getting anything positive out of my replies, then I may as well stop making them to you.

If I actually wanted to "swap taunts and insults" with you, I'd invite you to the appropriate place to do that. It's more fun where there is no moderation to get in the way, and it's just a pure game of "who's the biggest twat" and the bystanders are enthusiastic particpants not skipping past thinking who are these idiots.

We don't have an block or ignore button yet, which I feel might be of some use especially if it works both ways and the blocked at least know how many people are blocking them, if not exactly who, but I can do "ignore" very well indeed when I choose. 

I now have a list of two people who have asked for, and are receiving that treatment, and one with whom it's on the table but we might have found a way to get along.

Still feels like "winning" overall to me. TBH.

So who thinks he's making a valid point? Have I been taunting and insulting this guy??

• Me too, I have now learned to reciprocate any question asked to me which isn't suitable in every scenario but I'd rather embarrass myself by accidentally asking my waiter what they want to drink, than hurt people's feelings by accident as I felt guilty for upsetting people. I don't really understand neurotypicals either but I think that if they are willing to try understand me, I'll do the same and I think I'm making some progress!

• Mate, if I answered to your taunts and insults I would get banned by the mods for harassing a vulnerable person. That's the only reason why I do not answer to your drivel. I can respect that, the mods want this place to be a safe space for vulnerable people.

• I have realised that when people ask me questions like that  i answer them  but i dont usuallybthen reply  have youneaten  what did you have? I dont ask people questions, i think if they want me to know something they will tell me. 

About petsonal stuff, people ask petsonal stuff, are you married  do you have children? I have rarely asked others petsonal questions .

• That comment gave me flashbacks to high school 

• Agreed. It's not easy but you can learn to get through these things if you really have to... I try to avoid such conversations but it's not always possible.

• Once you learn the basic rules & principles, then passing amongst them, without triggering the "invasion of the bdysnatchers response" is a lot easier. 

• That's not always true. You can win the performance, and I often do, when I've a mind to.

You just need to understand the game, and "Up level" yourself.

I'm not trying to rile you, or dimnish the honest and genuine nature of your reply, but there's a little book I read and recommend all the time that really will give us/you the edge that we so sorely lack.

You'll even be able to mock me more effectively than you've managed so far... ;c)

(Mind you that'll show others the awesome efficacy of my recommendation, so it'll be an "own goal" in it;s own way too.) O.K. Now I'm taking the mick, a bit, I'll stop. 

IT is a CHOICE though now, whether you continue to be bemused and dismayed at the neurtypical world or read the manual and start using it for your own purposes... (You'll still be dismayed OFC, I can't fix everything

• Please remember that when an NT asks you a question, they are not asking for info. They are doing a social ritual, and they expect you to answer according to the ritual.

Absolutely! Completely agree with you!

• I find these kinds of social rules stupid and not productive towards society. 

As a neurodiverse individual, I hate small talk and find these types of conversations extremely shallow, thus not benefitting anyone from engaging in the conversation. 

• Please remember that when an NT asks you a question, they are not asking for info. They are doing a social ritual, and they expect you to answer according to the ritual. It's like one of those elaborated court dances. And you will always lose the performance.

• It means more "do you need to get something to eat?"

For most people, having eating a donut isn't enough for you not to need some kinda lunch/dinner depending on the time of day. And they'd be annoyed if they had no opportunity to have their meal.

So the right answer is yes if you've had your meal for that time of day, or no if you haven't and want something, or "no, but I'm good" or whatever if you haven't had the meal but are happy to skip it. 

• The subtext of, "Have you eaten?", is "Have you eaten a meal?" It would usually be asked at around or shortly after the usual time that a meal would be eaten. It isn't a general question about all possible food consumption.

The right answer is either, "Yes, I've eaten", if you have eaten a meal at the last conventional time for a meal, or "No, I've not eaten yet", if you have not eaten a meal at the last conventional meal time.